Are you looking for a challenging opportunity and want to take advantage of a great job to give new inpulse to your career? This offer is for you. In order to support one of our clients,
a large and famous European Public Institution in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Cisco Firepower IPS Expert.
EKXEL IT Services, is a European leader in IT engineering, high-tech consulting and IT services. We offer a unique blend of expertise and support major European groups with
international vocation to implement and succeed in their project to transform and modernize their information systems.
- Manage the Cisco Firepower network probes installed in Production and in the Lab.
- Collaborate with the other teams in the unit to analyse the registered events
- and solve the possible incident.
- Select/Define/improve IDS/IPS signatures, policies and triggers .
- Deploy software/vulnerability/fingerprint updates .
- Improve detection capabilities by creating Splunk filters.
- Detect and minimize false positives .
- Investigate alerts, react, escalate and inform stakeholders accordingly .
- Possibly plan further expansion of the monitoring system .
- Write "response instructions" for common situations
- Production of documentation: for documenting the network monitoring activities, and the associated guidelines and procedures.
- University Degree in an ICT related fiel with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in the domain of ICT and Network Security
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco Firepower IPS – ideally 8 years of experience
- Working experience in complex ICT enterprise environments and in the.associated security aspects.
- Experience with Splunk is required
- Excellent knowledge of Operating systems and good practices for their configuration ad protection
- Excellent knowledge of all kind of network and host security systems including: antivirus software, host intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability assessment, data encryption,
honey-pot, and hardening practices
- Excellent knowledge of network concepts and the associated security solutions. In particular the following topics must be known: Internet/Intranet/Extranet architectures; Authentication
systems, Firewall, Proxies, Network IDS/IPS, PKI, e-mail gateways, IP security, Remote access control and violations, data protection and integrity, Encryption, Viruses
- Desirable knowledge of IT best practices (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of French (B1 or higher) would be considered as asset
A particularly attractive salary package, with many additional benefits, to attract the best of you. A professional and stimulating work environment in the field of telecommunications. Multiple
career opportunities within a changing group, advanced training in new technologies, rich and recognized expertise.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality. We would be very happy to organize a first appointment to talk to you about this opportunity and consider your next career development. Send
us your CV to email@example.com or even better use our online form http://www.ekxel.eu/candidatures/